How many calories are in your favourite festive drink?
Many of us enjoy indulging in Christmassy hot chocolates and coffees at this time of year.
But if you’re watching your waistline, it’s important to keep track of the liquids you’re consuming too.
By guzzling too many of the wintry warmers could lead to you piling on the pounds.
This is because, staggeringly, there are more calories in many of the hot drinks than there are in a McDonald’s cheeseburger.
A McDonald’s cheeseburger contains 313 calories – that’s less than you’ll find in a Starbucks Toffee Nut Latte, Costa Black Forest Hot Chocolate and Pret S'mores Hot Chocolate.
Meanwhile, a Greggs sausage roll contains 327 calories.
This is less calorific than the bakery chain’s Mint Hot Chocolate, which packs 334 calories and 14g of sugar.
Having said all this, you don’t need to ditch the Christmassy drinks completely.
It’s best to enjoy them in moderation and part of a healthy and balanced diet.
FEMAIL compiled a handy list of high-street hot drinks and their sugar and calorie content. Check it out below.
- Starbucks Toffee Nut Latte – 494 calorie 48.8g of sugar
- Starbucks Gingerbread Latte – 491 calorie 48.8g of sugar
- Starbucks Peppermint Hot Chocolate – 477 calories, 55g of sugar
- Starbucks Eggnog Latte – 451 calories 56.3g of sugar
- Costa Irish Velvet Hot Chocolate – 443 calories 36.3g of sugar
- Costa Black Forest Hot Chocolate – 432 calories 31.4g of sugar
- Pret S'mores Hot Chocolate – 418 calories 42.5g of sugar
- Starbucks Truffle Hot Chocolate – 388 calories 37.1g of sugar
- Costa Terry's Chocolate Orange Hot Chocolate – 384 calories 44.6g of sugar
- Starbucks Toffee Nut Frappe – 382 calories 52.g of sugar
- Starbucks Iced Gingerbread Frappe – 373 calories 57.7g of sugar
- Starbucks Iced Toffee Nut Latte – 367 calories 37.6g of sugar
- Costa Irish Velvet Latte And Cream – 365 calories, 25.6g of sugar
- Starbucks Iced Gingerbread Latte – 364 calories 37.7g of sugar
- Costa After Eight® Hot Chocolate – 348 calories and 34.8g of sugar
- Pret Ginger Bread Latte – 342 calories, 29.5g of sugar
- Greggs Mint Hot Chocolate – 334 calories 46g of sugar
- Costa Gingerbread Latte And Cream – 333 calories, 14g of sugar
- Starbucks Iced Eggnog Latte – 332 calories 40.9g of sugar
- Pret Salted Caramel Latte – 312 calories 26g of sugar
- Costa The Quality Street® The Purple One Latte – 303 calories 34.4g of sugar
- Greggs Salted Caramel Latte – 223 Calories 28g of sugar
- Costa Cinnamon Spiced Cappuccino – 211 calories, 23.2g of sugar
- McDonald's Salted Caramel Latte – 206 calories 25g of sugar