A dog-walker was left with patches of burnt flesh and scorched skin when she fell victim to Britain’s most dangerous plant.

Georgia Venables, 24, was stung by the dreaded hogweed when she was out walking her pet dog, Belle, in Chester, Cheshire.

Her skin was so badly damaged that it started peeling away and blistered into several red sores.

Ms Venables, who had to go to A&E six times, had 14 blisters on her hands and arms and was left with gaping holes in her flesh where the skin was scorched away.

And the care home assistant is now losing money as she is unable to work through her gruesome injuries.

Now, as she has her arms and fingers in bandages, she is warning others about the dangers of the painful plant.

Georgia Venables is warning others about hogweed

She said: “It happened on August 19 and I am still getting big painful blisters now.

“I’ve been back to A&E six times since it’s happened to get them popped and I’m waiting to see a dermatologist.

“I was given antibiotics and antihistamines, and I’m off work losing money which I can’t afford to lose as I’m a key worker.”

Georgia is just one of numerous Brits to have been burnt by the giant hogweed in recent weeks.

Only last week it was reported that William Thomas, 10, faced years of scarring after a brush with the plant in nearby Weaverham, 13 miles east of Chester.

The care home assistant as left with a dozen blisters

Others have been burnt in north-west England, the West Midlands, southern Scotland and Northern Ireland, to name just a few places.

Georgia believes she touched the dreaded plant when she knelt down to help her dog.

Like many victims, however, she wasn’t immediately aware how badly she had been stung.

“I was walking the dog and she cut her foot so I was trying to help her,” said Miss Venables.

“When I came home I said ‘I think I have been nettled on my hand’. It was just like a nettle sting.

She said she has been to A&E six times

“Two days later it started to blister. It got really painful and sore, and more and more kept coming.”

As staggering as Georgia’s injuries are, she knows she is one of the lucky ones.

She said: “I just want to warn people as it is very dangerous and things could have been a lot worse – it can blind you.

“Do not touch it and, if you see any, report it.”

The giant hogweed is native to the Caucasus, but was introduced to Britain as an ornamental plant in 1817, and its spread has now got out of control.

Its sap stops the skin protecting itself against sunlight, leading to nasty burns when the skin is exposed to the sun’s rays.

In the UK, it’s especially common to find the giant hogweed alongside rivers, which can transport the plant’s seeds.

Mike Duddy, of the Mersey Basin Rivers Trust, said giant hogweed was “without a shadow of a doubt, the most dangerous plant in Britain”.

Hogweed is a large white umbrella-shaped flowe, now widespread along river banks and canal towpaths in Britain.