Police investigating a fatal knife attack in Birmingham have released footage of the suspect and have urged anyone who recognises him to contact the authorities immediately.
West Midlands Police have shared footage of a man dressed in dark clothing walking in the streets.
He is seen wearing a black zip up hooded top, dark trousers, dark trainer and a black cap.
The man is being hunted in connection to the fatal stabbing of one man and the injury of seven others in a violent stabbing spree that took place across Birmingham in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Sharing footage of the suspect, West Midlands Police said in a statement: "Detectives have released footage of a man they want to speak to after a series of stabbings in Birmingham city centre in the early hours of this morning where one man died and seven other people were injured.
"A 23-year-old man suffered fatal injuries in Irving Street. A man and a woman, aged 19 and 32, suffered critical injuries, and five other people, aged between 23 and 33, were also injured.
"They were treated in hospital and so far two have been discharged."
The force went on to give further details of their investigation.
They wrote: "Extras officers have flooded the city centre as four scenes have been held throughout the day and forensic experts have examined each area.
"We received our first call to Constitution Hill just after 12.30am where a man received a superficial injury, followed by a further call 20 minutes later to Livery Street. A 19-year-old man was critically injured and a woman was also injured.
"An hour later at 1.50am we were called to Irving Street where sadly one man lost his life and another man suffered serious injuries. Ten minutes later we were called to Hurst Street where a 32-year-old woman was seriously injured and two men received lesser injuries."
Chief Superintendent Steve Graham said: “We do not underestimate the impact that these incidents have had on the city of Birmingham today.
"We declared this a major incident at the earliest opportunity and we have drafted in scores of officers to help with the investigation and patrol the city to reassure residents and visitors that we are doing all we can to apprehend the person responsible.
“We have worked throughout the day to trawl CCTV footage and speak to witnesses to ensure we release the best possible video and image of the man we want to speak to.
“At this stage we believe that the attacks were random and we have no indication of a motive. I would urge people to remain vigilant and report any suspicious behaviour to us.
“We are appealing for anyone who recognises the man in the footage to contact us urgently. We have a hotline number and a dedicated web page where you can submit information, photos and videos. If you see him, please do not approach him, but dial 999 immediately.”
The police added that footage and images can be uploaded to www.ukpoliceimageappeal.co.uk