The attacker who killed three people in a suspected terrorist attack in a church in the French city of Nice is believed to be Brahim Aoussaoui.
Two women and one man were stabbed to death in horrific bloodshed inside the Notre-Dame Basilica at around 9am on Thursday morning.
It is thought Aoussaoui only arrived in Europe in September, landing on the Italian island of Lampedusa.
It is believed he came to France at the beginning of October and had no identity papers on him.
The attacker was shot in the shoulder by French police and was taken to hospital. Authorities believe he was acting alone.
There were reports a 70-year-old woman killed was beheaded by the attacker.
The second person killed has been named as church worker Vincent Loques. Local politician Eric Ciotti called him a "devoted employee" of the church.
The third victim was a woman in her 40s who was critically injured inside the church.
She managed to run from the church but died from her injuries.
Tunisia has opened an investigation into the man suspected of the Nice attack, according to Mohsen Dali, a judiciary official of the north African country.
Police described the scene as a "vision of horror". The national anti-terrorist prosecutor said an investigation had been launched into "killings linked to a terrorist organisation".
Christian Estrosi, the mayor of Nice, said the suspect had said "Allahu Akbar" several times as he was handcuffed and led away by police.
He said: "We have two people killed inside the church. And a third who was in a bar facing the church where had had taken refuge.
"Enough is enough. We have to remove this Islamo-fascism from our territory."
The killings come two weeks after the beheading of Paris schoolteacher Samuel Paty for showing his pupils cartoons of the Prophet Muhammed.
President Emmanuel Macron visited Nice to meet with police and emergency workers at the scene of the attack.
He said France is "being attacked" after the horrifying scenes in Nice along with suspected terror incidents in Avignon, Lyon and a French consular site in the Saudi Arabian city of Jeddah.
Mr Macron said: "If we have been attacked once again, it is because of our values, our taste for freedom.
"The freedom to believe freely and not give in to any terror. We will give in to nothing.
"Today we have increased our security to deal with the terrorist threat."
France is due to re-enter a second national coronavirus lockdown tomorrow.
The city of Nice was targeted by Islamist terrorists in 2016 when Tunisian national Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel drove a cargo truck through a crowd of people celebrating Bastille Day, killing 86 people and injuring another 458.