Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh have returned to Windsor Castle together ahead of England’s second national lockdown, Buckingham Palace have confirmed.
Buckingham Palace have said the couple have now returned to Windsor Castle, and will remain there for the duration of the second lockdown, which begins on November 5 and ends on December 2.
It is understood the couple will be cared for by HMS Bubble, the nickname for their reduced household of staff during the previous lockdown.
Prince Philip and the Queen spent six long months at their Berkshire residence earlier this year, shielding from the virus, as they watched Prince Charles and Prince William get struck down by Covid-19.
Prince Charles, 71, self-isolated back in April after he experienced mild symptoms and tested positive for the virus.
The heir to the throne spent his seven days quarantine at his Birkhall home on the royal Balmoral estate where the Duchess of Cornwall, 72, was tested and did not have the virus.
He has since said he "got off lightly" and was "lucky" to have recovered from the virus, which has killed 46,717 Brits and 1.2million worldwide as of November 2.
At the time, it was thought Prince Charles was the only member of the Royal Family who contracted Covid-19.
However, Prince William is reported to have tested positive in April, shortly after news broke of his father’s diagnosis.
According to the sun, the Duke of Cambridge is kept his diagnosis private to avoid alarming the nation, and "was determined it should be business as usual."
A source told The Sun: "William was hit pretty hard by the virus - it really knocked him for six.
"At one stage he was struggling to breathe, so obviously everyone around him was pretty panicked.
"After seeing medics and testing positive - which was obviously quite a shock given how fit and healthy he is - William was determined it should be business as usual though.
"He was determined to fulfil his engagements."