A teenage girl has died after drinking an excessive amount of medicine in a dangerous new Benadryl TikTok challenge.
Chloe Philips, 15, was pronounced dead on August 21st after she consumed a large amount of Benadryl for a social media stunt.
The so-called Benadryl Challenge encourages participants to take excessive amounts of the allergy medication to experience a high that can cause hallucinations.
Large amounts of the medicine can cause unintentional overdosing and even death.
Chloe took part in the challenge for a TikTok video, and a relative has since warned of the dangers in a now-deleted social media post, The Sun reports.
Chloe's aunt Janette Sissy Leasure, from Oklahoma, US, said: "This needs to stop taking our kids or putting them in the hospital.
"I don't want to see any families go through what we are going through right now. Don't ever say this can't happen to you.
"Kids are like, 'the other person was okay, so I'll be okay'. Try to always know what your kids are doing or taking."
She added that Chloe was a happy and smart young lady who had "all kinds of plans for her future."
An obituary described the teenager as a girl who "loved music, dancing, video games, and being a social butterfly with her friends."
It continues: "Chloe was an extremely intelligent young woman and dreamed of one day going to college and becoming a lawyer. On that journey, she looked forward to her first kiss, getting her driver’s license, and one day going to Paris.
"Chloe’s faith kept her steadfast; she always stood up for what she believed in, and she showed kindness and compassion in everything she did."
Scott Schaeffer, Director of the Oklahoma Center for Poison and Drug Information, warned teens about the risks of the challenge in the wake of Chloe’s death.
He told news station KFOR it could "cause something potentially life-threatening."
And added: "Large amounts of Benadryl can cause seizures and, particularly, problems with the heart. The heart tends to go out of rhythm and not pump blood effectively."