One of the Queen's former bodyguards has been jailed for taking pictures of naked young children and sexually assaulting two six-year-old girls.
Convicted pedophile Oliver Cooper, 27, was a soldier in the Household Cavalry for four years, and was found guilty of a number of heinous charges for crimes he later committed while a Beaver Scouts leader.
The disgraced former Buckingham Palace worker, from Hopton in Staffordshire, has been sentenced to six years in prison for two counts of sexual assault on a girl aged six, one count of sexual assault on another girl, also aged six, one count of taking indecent photographs of a child and 13 counts of voyerurism.
Cooper was found guilty of all charges and sentenced at Lewes Crown Court on October 15.
Detectives from the West Sussex Safeguarding Investigation Unit investigated Cooper after a child bravely came forward two years ago to say she had been sexually touched by the scout leader.
He was arrested and indecent images and videos of children getting undressed in private were found on his phone and laptop.
During the course of the investigation, a further child came forward to say she had also been sexually assaulted.
Detective Constable Rees Hopcraft, from Sussex Police, said: "The young girls involved showed tremendous bravery throughout the investigation and were supported by specially trained officers.
"Despite the overwhelming evidence, Cooper continued to protest his innocence and thus forced the victims to give evidence, which was done via a video link to the court.
"In sentencing, Judge Stephen Mooney commented on Cooper's lack of remorse and the 'colossal breach of trust' involved.
"Prior to his scouting role he was a law student at Sussex University, and a soldier in the Household Cavalry where he served for four years in the UK."
Police said the Scouts Association had given full-cooperation, and parents of all children who were in the scouting group have been kept informed.
There is no current safeguarding risk to any child.
Cooper will be on the Sex Offenders Register for life.
He was also given a Sexual Harm Prevention Order to last until further court notice, severely restricting his access to children.
He was also disqualified from working with children and vulnerable people for life.