Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been criticised following the release of the website for their charity, the Archewell Foundation.
Some social media users have gone as far as to brand the Duke and Duchess of Sussex as "hypocrites" for taking the users information and sharing it with third party organisations.
Meghan, 39, and Harry, 36, dropped the bombshell revelation last year that they would be stepping down as senior working members of The Royal Family and carving a more financially independent lifestyle in a bid for freedom.
However, the privacy settings for the Archewell website states that it will collect a users name, address, IP address, texts and videos and may share them with external companies, reports The Express.
Disgruntled social media users instantly flocked to Twitter to share their thoughts after going over the site's documents.
One user tweeted: "FYI Prince Harry and Meghan Markle – who are suing photographers for invasion of privacy – may collect your name, address, IP address, texts, videos etc. and share them with profit-making companies."
While a second added: "Other people's privacy doesn't count though… only theirs."
A third annoyed social media penned: "Further proof the pair are hypocrites! Do as I say and not as I do..."
"They are... HYPOCRITES" typed a third.
The official privacy settings page for the Archewell website reads: "When using our site, you may voluntarily provide information about yourself, including your name, your email address, your location and any other information you choose to provide.
"We collect this information when you subscribe to our mailing list, send us feedback or request information, share your story, or interact with us for any purpose.
"We will also collect any content that you provide to us, such as text, videos or social media posts when you link to or otherwise submit that content on the site."
It goes on to state: "We may share the information we collect with other parties, including the following: with third-party service providers who process data on our behalf."
Despite some users being unhappy at the "hypocritical" decision, others were quick to defend the Sussexes, stating that "every website" collects information from users.
It comes just days after sources close to the former Suits actress revealed that Meghan and Harry had chosen to close their social media account due to online trolling.
The former royals last used their SussexRoyal Instagram page on March 30, 2020, asking followers to look out for one another amidst the coronavirus pandemic, before adding "while you may not see us here, the work continues."
Meghan has previously addressed the trolling she faced on social media, speaking on a podcast to commemorate World Mental Health Day, The Duchess said: "I'm told that in 2019, I was the most trolled person in the entire world, male or female.
"Now, eight months of that, I wasn't even visible, I was on maternity leave or with a baby."