The Duke and Duchess of Sussex signed a multi-million-pound deal with the streaming service aiming to provide “hope and inspiration” with their new projects.
Meghan and Harry announced the unprecedented deal on Wednesday which will see them producing documentaries and shows for the US streaming giant.
But the couple, who recently splashed out on a lavish $14m mansion in California, failed to let Her Majesty know about their plans.
A royal source told The Sun that the Queen was left to find out about the couple’s new venture from her aides.
The contact said: “Harry did not inform the Queen about the Netflix deal.”
Harry, 35, and former Suits star Meghan, 39, will be using a currently unnamed production company to produce a series of documentaries, films and children’s programmes.
The source added that ”knowing her grandson Harry as she does”, the Queen will appreciate that the duke and duchess can not be talked out of the plans.
It comes after the Sussexes were mocked for leaving the UK for privacy whilst announcing the new streaming deal.
The couple have vowed to make “impactful content that unlocks action” wit their new production company, expected to involve work on mental health.
Royal fans took to social media to voice their fury over using their status for financial gain.
One person wrote: “Why are Harry and Meghan still being called the Duke and Duchess of Sussex?
“Didn’t they quit the Royal Family, and the royal duties.
Another person wrote: “They chose a life outside Britain and outside the Royal Family.
“They are free to do as they choose.
“If people want to pay to see them, good luck to them.
A third fumed: “They've moaned about royalty and the associated pressure but Netflix wouldn't have given them the time of day if they weren't the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.”
When Meghan and Harry stood down as senior royals earlier this year, they were told they could no longer use their HRH (His Royal Highness/Her Royal Highness) titles, but they would still be known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.