A gran issued a warning to shoppers after her Primark candle spat out hot wax.
Mel Coles, from Middlesborough, was gifted the homeware item from her 12-year-old granddaughter Mia.
According to Teeside Live, she lit the tinned wax but soon noticed a burning smell in the air.
The 56-year-old said the hot wax singed through the tin and left her coffee table with a circular burn mark.
Primark says it takes the safety of its customers and products very seriously and has apologised to Mel for any distress caused.
Mel says the store sent her a £10 voucher - but she still has worries about safety.
Mel said: "I can't believe how lucky I was that I took it off her.
"I happened to ask her what she bought in the town she showed me a candle in a tin that she was going to put in her bedroom - I informed her no candles upstairs and she left it downstairs.
"One night I lit it and I then could smell burning - the candle burned through my coffee table and spat out wax from the tin.
"I am only thankful she didn’t light it upstairs - other kids could buy things like this and this there could be a tragedy with it."
Mel says she buys candles regularly and always follows the instructions carefully – and insists she's never had any issues with any other types of candle.
Primark said it works hard to ensure high safety standards are met at all times.
A spokesperson said: "Primark takes the safety of our customers and the quality of our products very seriously.
“We work very hard to ensure that our high standards are met at all times and that all our products are compliant with the relevant safety standards.
"In line with these standards, the candle in question includes a full list of safety instructions for use at the base of the product.
"We are in touch with the customer regarding her complaint and apologise for any distress she may have experienced."