According to an The Sun, Coleen Rooney now "wants to make a last-minute exit" for her £1million court battle against Rebekah Vardy who has vowed to clear her name.

It's claimed the wife of football ace Wayne Rooney, 34, now "wants to make a last-minute exit" from the fast approaching £1 million libel case that is set to take place in November this year.

A source has claimed the mum-of-four has now been encouraged to resolve the ongoing dispute behind closed doors, rather than in full view of the public.

Coleen and Rebekah found themselves at loggerheads last October, after Coleen had publicly accused Rebekah Vardy's Instagram account of relaying her private and made up stories to the media

New claims reveal Coleen Rooney could be getting ready to change tacks in the High Court battle against Rebekah Vardy
Coleen Rooney could be getting ready to change tacks in the High Court battle against Rebekah Vardy

Leicester City striker, Jamie Vardy's wife, has continued to firmly deny claims that she ever had anything to do with leaking stories.

It seems things may have intensified this week after it was verified that Coleen's rival Rebekah, would be taking part in ITV's hit show Dancing On Ice, in a bid to "clear her name".

Speaking about the upcoming dispute, a source told The Sun: "Things have gone much further than many had expected.

"Coleen is a rather shy and private person, so the idea of having personal matters relating to her and Wayne raked over in court is something that fills her with dread."

Things intensified this week, after Rebekah confirmed she would be taking part in this years Dancing On Ice
Things intensified this week, after Rebekah confirmed she would be taking part in this years Dancing On Ice

Daily Star Online has contacted a representative of Coleen for comment.

The highly-publicised feud came into the spotlight again following Rebekah's appearance on Tuesday's Good Morning Britain, when she confirmed she would be competing on the Ice this year.

Speaking about the saga that was later named the Wagatha Christie scandal, the reality star said: "Look, we tried to sort things out amicably, it just didn't work.

"I understand people think it's ridiculous, but what was I meant to do? I need to clear my name.

"I want to clear my name. I will do whatever that takes. I hope it's going to be resolved soon. It's just one of the things that has to go through the process unfortunately now."

Rebekah also told GMB host Piers Morgan that she would do what it takes to "clear her name"
Rebekah also told GMB host Piers Morgan that she would do what it takes to "clear her name"

Chatting with GMB favourite Piers Morgan, who had been an advocate for speaking out about all things coronavirus and a voice of reason in some instances, she concluded: "I found it really tough.

"But to be fair Piers, in comparison to what some people have gone through with COVID and things like that, it's incomparable."

After months of being holed up in lockdown, Rebekah told viewers how she is now completely up for a change of scenery.

The brunette explained: I'm so ready for the sequins and the full glam squad. After months of lockdown it'll be nice to get the glam on... I just think I want everyone to laugh at me really!"