Emily Eavis has confirmed that Glastonbury Festival 2021 has not been cancelled as of yet.

The daughter of Glasto founder, Michael Eavis, took to Twitter to shut down the reports after Spice Girl Melanie Brown claimed it had been scrapped.

The 45-year-old singer made the comments during an appearance on BBC 5 Live on Monday.

Looking forward to her schedule for the year, Mel said: "I know Glastonbury has been cancelled, so a lot of big stage shows are going to be on hold again this year which is sad but we've got to get this virus under control then I guess."

Emily Eavis has denied that Glastonbury 2021 has been cancelled

Posting on Twitter, Emily wrote: "Happy new year to you all! There’s no news this end yet, we haven't cancelled. Will let you know right here as soon as we have an update.."

Her 148.6k followers were quick to respond with one person writing: "We’d pay for our own vaccine or test! Be the leading event as always and find a way to be the first show post Covid! It would go down in history!"

Spice Girl Mel B claimed she had been told that the world famous music festival wouldn't be going ahead this year

A second person commented: "Stay positive - 6 months from now could be a very different world to now."

And a third added: "Hoping everyone is safe and well I am sure it must be very frustrating with people saying these things without your knowledge xx sending lots of love xx."

Another suggested: "Please carry tickets over to 2022 if you do have to sadly cancel," to which Emily replied: "Of course."

Emily took to Twitter to deny the festival had already been cancelled for June 2021

Glastonbury 2020 was unfortunately cancelled due to the Coronavirus pandemic.

At the time, a statement was released on Glastonbury’s official Twitter account.

It read: “We are so sorry to announce this, but we are going to have to cancel Glastonbury 2020. Tickets for this year will roll over to next year."

Emily with her dad Michael Eavis who founded the incredible music festival 50 years ago

A full statement also read: "We are so sorry to announce this, but Glastonbury 2020 will have to be cancelled, and this will be an enforced fallow year for the Festival.

"Clearly this was not a course of action we hoped to take for our 50th anniversary event, but following the new government measures announced this week - and in times of such unprecedented uncertainty - this is now our only viable option."

“We very much hope that the situation in the UK will have improved enormously by the end of June. But even if it has, we are no longer able to spend the next three months with thousands of crew here on the farm, helping us with the enormous job of building the infrastructure and attractions needed to welcome more than 200,000 people to a temporary city in these fields."