Daniel Dubois and Joe Joyce look set for a further delay to their highly-anticipated heavyweight clash.

It is understood promoter Frank Warren is now considering staging the bout in November.

The two dates proposed are November 14 and 21 at the O2.

Dubois and Joyce were due to face each other on October 24 at the same venue.

But the delay is being considered to increase the chances of fans being allowed inside the arena.

Warren's team held talks with government advisors recently and they are expecting news soon as to plans for the reintroduction of supporters for indoor events.

Daniel Dubois may have to wait even longer to face Joe Joyce.

Dubois and Joyce were originally set to face each other in April.

But the coronavirus pandemic put the bout on hold and both men took fights behind closed doors this summer to keep busy.

The feeling is that the British, Commonwealth and European title clash cannot take place without supporters.

Daniel Dubois and Joe Joyce now look set to go head-to-head in November

The lack of a live gate would leave a hole of around £2m in the pot for those involved.

And while it will be staged on BT Sport Box Office, that number is a huge part of the overall purse for both fighters.

Warren said earlier this week that pay cuts would be needed to go behind closed doors but neither man would be keen on that.

“For behind closed doors the boxers would have to take less money and you know what the answer is going to be,” Warren said after Dubois' win over Ricardo Snijders on Saturday.

“From their perspective, the two fighters, it's not making them any lesser opponents whether there is a crowd there or not.

“We want to get bums on seats.”

Now they hope the further delay will give them more breathing space to get fans into the venue for the clash.