Serie A giants Inter Milan are the latest club interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli, it has been claimed.
Alli's future at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is currently up in the air following Gareth Bale's sensational return to the club last week from Real Madrid.
Further doubt was cast over his stay at the club last Sunday when he was omitted from the starting XI for Spurs' 5-2 win over Southampton.
French champions Paris Saint-Germain are reportedly interested in acquiring the England international's services and are said to have already held conversations with his representatives.
And accord to the Daily Mail, Italian giants Inter Milan will rival PSG for the 24-year-old's signature.
They claim Inter boss Antonio Conte is a big admirer of the former MK Dons man, whom he saw play in person on multiple occasions during his two years in charge of Chelsea.
Given the fact Alli has a little less than four years left on his contract with Spurs, who will reportedly listen to offers for the midfielder, PSG and Inter will likely have to break the bank to acquire his services.
The topic of Alli's future was put to Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho shortly after their demolition of Saints, although 'The Special One' refused to be drawn on the matter.
Notable transfer fees for British players
- 1893: Aston Villa kicked off the big money transfers with tier £100 cheque to land Willie Groves from West Bromwich Albion.
- 1904: Alf Commons moved from Sunderland to Middlesbrough for £1,000 and sparked a national outrage.
- 1928: Arsenal bought David Jack from Bolton Wanderers for £10,890
- 1957: John Charles moves from Leeds to Juventus shatters the transfer record at £65,000
- 1961: Denis Law joins Manchester United from Torino for £115,000
- 1970: Martin Peters joins Tottenham from West Ham for £200,000
- 1977: Kevin Keegan goes from Liverpool to Hamburg for £500,000
- 1979: Trevor Francis becomes first £1m player with switch from Birmingham to Nottingham Forest.
- 1996: Alan Shearer goes from Blackburn to Newcastle for £15m
- 2013: Gareth Bale switches from Tottenham to Real Madrid for £86m
"I'm not responsible for the market," Mourinho said in his post-match press conference. "I'm not able to answer your question on that. I can only say I left eight players behind training.
"They are a big group and Dele was among this group. The same way a squad is a puzzle and in the same way so is the bench.
"I cannot have three wingers and a number 10 and then no defender. Dele stayed out but probably Tuesday he will play.
"I want a balanced squad. Yes [Alli can be part of a balanced squad], he doesn't have to be sacrificed."
Tottenham will be back in action this evening, taking on Leyton Orient in the third round of the Carabao Cup.