Harry Maguire made his first public appearance since his Greek court drama by attending Soccer Aid on Sunday.

Maguire has long been a supporter of Unicef and the charitable efforts for Soccer Aid, which is ran by his representatives Triple S Sports.

He was at Old Trafford for the game this weekend as a Wayne Rooney-managed England team took on a World XI to raise money for charity.

By half-time, over £5million had been raised for the cause.

Manchester United captain Maguire is back in the UK and now getting himself set for the start of the new Premier League season after winning his case to get an appeal over the incident which saw him arrested in Greece last month.

Maguire posed alongside Wayne Rooney and Bryan Robson at Soccer Aid

Maguire was holidaying in Mykonos when he was handcuffed following an altercation with police.

He is accused of assaulting a police officer and bribery but will go to a retrial in the near future to determine his verdict.

Maguire was dropped by England last week before the international break.

But manager Gareth Southgate wants the star back in his England squad at the next opportunity.

Southgate had included the him in his squad for the Nations League games in Iceland and Denmark - but then axed him following the court's decision to give Maguire a suspended prison sentence.

Harry Maguire says he was 'scared for his life' during the Mykonos incident

Maguire, 27, has appealed the guilty verdict and faces a new trial in Greece - when he will attempt to clear his name.

Southgate admits he will have to live with his decision, but would do the same thing again if he had to.

He said: "We've talked right the way through very openly and honestly, and, of course, Harry would prefer to be here with the team. He wants to play football and he wants to be part of it.

Maguire is facing a re-trial in Greece over his offences

"But I think with everything that's gone on in his life in the last couple of weeks, it was so important that he's been able to let everything just calm down.

"He now has the chance to re-energise, get back to training with his club and then all being well he'll be with us in October. We will absolutely look to get him involved in October.

"I think everybody is now aware how complex this case was. I felt it important to support our player, so I always knew that the timing of the case was potentially going to mean we would have to change something in a relatively short period.

Get the latest transfer news straight into your inbox!

Want to be on the ball with all of the latest football news?

Well then sign up for the brilliant new Daily Star Sport email newsletter!

From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox.

How do you sign up?

It only takes a matter of seconds.

Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'.

And that's it, job done. You'll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.

You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.

"But we had a squad to pick of 25 and lots of things to prepare for, medically and everything else, so we couldn't delay just for one situation.

"That ended up being as it was. I have to live with that. It didn't bother me, the reaction to it, I knew that would come. But the chain of events and the way I described them, I think would be the same if I did it again."