Newcastle United supporters are not letting the recent takeover collapse pass quietly.

A consortium led by the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund had agreed to a £300m deal to take over the control of the club by Mike Ashley, but they have now withdrawn that offer.

The group blame the slow decision making from the Premier League as the reason for their decision, with their owners' and directors' test coming in for plenty of scrutiny.

PCP Capital Partners and the Reuben Brothers were also involved in the bid, but their joint enterprise looks to be over after the PIF ran out of patience.

The £300m takeover was called off earlier this week, which Alan Shearer described as 'disappointing'
The £300m takeover was called off earlier this week, which Alan Shearer described as 'disappointing'

Supporters have now taken to Twitter to get their voices heard, days after the Newcastle United Supporters' Trust called for answers from officials, particularly Chief Executive Richard Masters.

One fan wrote: “Remember Masters said he was in no hurry to make a decision on the takeover? Now we know why.

“He had it planned to keep moving the goalposts and never give a decision. He's trying the same tactic now, remaining silent hoping we'll go away. We won’t.”

With another adding: “We simply have to keep the pressure on the Premier League. As fans we have been treat with utter contempt and enough is enough.”

Premier League Chief Executive Richard Masters has been questioned
Premier League Chief Executive Richard Masters has been questioned
Newcastle fans are desperate for an explanation from Premier League officials
Newcastle fans are desperate for an explanation from Premier League officials
There was enough responses to get the message trending on Twitter on Sunday
There was enough responses to get the message trending on Twitter on Sunday

A third went a step further by saying: “One person wont make an impact, but I am boycotting anything I can to do with Premier League until answers are given regarding NUFC takeover.”

With a fourth saying: “We are desperate. Desperate for our club to have a brighter future and for the Premier League to be held accountable.”

Greg Tomlinson from the Newcastle United Supporters' Trust had told BBC Sport earlier this week: "Everyone was excited about the bid and potential investment in the city, so it represents a missed opportunity for Newcastle and the north-east as a region

"We're left confused about what has gone on here - it's been almost 17 weeks of noise.

Get the latest transfer news straight into your inbox!

Sign up for the brilliant new Daily Star Sport email newsletter!

From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox.

Put your email in the box at the top of this article or you can follow instructions on this link here.

Mike Ashley remains in charge and has been able to keep at £17m deposit
Mike Ashley remains in charge and has been able to keep at £17m deposit

"It's been made clear that football supporters are the least important part in a decision which affects supporters the most. We have been treated with contempt."

Amanda Staveley, who was spearheading the deal, said earlier this week: “I am absolutely heartbroken for the club, the fans and the community.”

After the group statement said: "With a deep appreciation for the Newcastle community and the significance of its football club, we have come to the decision to withdraw our interest in acquiring Newcastle United Football Club.”