For all of you Guardians hanging around the Tower, kicking your heels, waiting for something to do – new challenges to face, new rewards to earn – keep your eyes on the clock.
That's right, it's almost that time again... the time when Bungie hits that big server reset button, and you get to earn all that Powerful Gear all over again, chase the dizzying high of nudging your Power Level up by 1.
The Season of the Dawn is now over halfway done, and we're expecting to see more surprises go live in the game as we edge ever closer to whatever's coming next.
We know a little bit about what Bungie is planning to do with the game in 2020, and you can check out more at the link about to find out more about that.
But more immediately, we've got a weekly reset to deal with.
Every Tuesday, a huge amount of events and activities get their progression and rewards reset and/or removed, so Guardians will want to polish off any of the outstanding tasks before the game winds it all back:
• Milestone progress and rewards reset for Crucible, Gambit, Nightfall, Flashpoint
• Daily Heroic Mission, Strikes, Clan XP, Vex Incursion
• Raid progress and rewards
• Eververse inventory
• Xur - make sure you've got his most recent wares (he will return with new items on Friday at 5pm)
Keep reading for the key details of what we expect to appear in this week's reset.
Destiny 2 Review | Destiny 2 Horned Wreath| Destiny 2 Captive Cord | Destiny 2 Ethereal Charms| Destiny 2 Withered Plumes| Destiny 2 Bound Manacle| Destiny 2 Necromantic Strand | Destiny 2 Leviathan’s Breath Quest | Destiny 2 Xenophage Quest
Thanks to the essential infographic above, you can see everything you'll need to mop up before 5pm this evening .
There are three Nightfall tasks with their own special rewards you can partake in, as well as a series of Strike tasks you can engage with, too (play Strikes as your Arc subclass to get items this week).
You may also want to jump into the Leviathan to finish off any outstanding Raid tasks that may need to be sorted out.
As ever, completing 8 bounties for Shaxx, Zavala, the Drifter or the Gunsmith will also get you Tier 1 Powerful Gear, too.
The full rundown of what you need to complete can be found at Niris.tv.
February 4 – Empyrean Foundation
There's a new activity coming to the game this week, and though parts of the task are still shrouded in mystery, we do know a little about what to expect of this incoming challenge.
"Next week, the Empyrean Foundation rebuild effort begins," writes Bungie on its blog.
"Saint-14 will ask all Guardians to contribute to building a beacon that will be a foundation for things to come next Season. The Tower Obelisk will be the focal point of this event, so make sure you have it unlocked and ready to go as it’s going to have some hefty benefits to take advantage of."
The Emyrean Foundation task will be a collaborative goal, built upon by players from all around the game, across seemingly all platforms.
"Players will need to come together and contribute resources towards a common goal. To participate, players can donate their Fractaline using the Tower Obelisk.
"The event will have seven stages, each requiring increasing amounts of Fractaline to progress through. There will also be a hologram at the Tower Obelisk where you’ll be able to track the community’s progress in game."
Here are the costs and rewards for contributing towards the task:
- Contributing to the Empyrean Foundation costs 100 Polarized Fractaline.
- Contributing generates a 25% flat progression for all Timelost weapon bounties in your inventory.
- Your Tower Obelisk will generate Polarized Fractaline for you each week equivalent to its Resonance Power.
- Increase its Resonance Power by upgrading other Obelisks
- Players who donate more than 5,000 Polarized Fractaline before the end of the Season will earn a Triumph and emblem.
Everyone in the community, across all platforms, will also receive a shader when all stages are completed. Here’s the community goals that have been revealed so far:
- Stage 1: 400,000,000
- Stage 2: 700,000,000
- Stage 3: 1,200,000,000
- Stage 4: ???
- Stage 5: ???
- Stage 6: ???
- Stage 7: ???
February 4 – Bug fixes and known issues
There are a few updates and changes coming to the main game, as per Bungie. Here's what we know about the incoming changes that could arrive later today (or in a future update).
While we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum:
- The Pigeon and the Phoenix lore book triumphs can no longer be viewed by players who unlocked them. This will be resolved in a future update.
- Tower load times have increased after Update 2.7.1.
- The Green With Envy quest is not properly recording Infamy rank for some players after Update 2.7.1.
We'll keep you updated as we learn more.