Late on Tuesday evening, Epic Games finally confirmed the details of Fortnite's next big update – update 11.50 – and revealed that there would be some Fortnite server downtime as the new update is rolled out to all players.
Writing on Twitter, Epic Games Fortnite Status page told followers: "v11.50 launches tomorrow. Downtime for the patch begins at 4 AM ET (0900 UTC). Stay tuned for updates when downtime ends."
As ever, this downtime and the new update has come with some big changes to the game. Epic has lately been remiss to include proper changelogs when it issues updates.
We've already assembled a selection of patch notes for 11.50 from previously announcements from Epic, but we're expecting more incoming news, too.
That said, we've collected what information we know about this new update so far and included it below.
Here's what changes with Fortnite 11.50.
Fortnite 11.50 – Official Epic Patch Notes
- The new event starts soon! Check back here later today for more details.
- In non-competitive playlists, the Launch Pad has been unvaulted.
- Implemented Unreal Engine’s Chaos physics system, mentioned previously here.
- At launch, our goal is to ensure that Fortnite still feels like what you would expect. We’ll be closely monitoring your feedback from the in-game Feedback tool for any issues you may be experiencing.
- To report issues via the in-game Feedback tool, select Feedback in the main menu and choose Bug. We encourage you to put “Physics” in the subject line and include a concise message in the body that accurately describes the issue(s) you’re experiencing.
- Resolved an issue involving some players’ completion of the “Search chests in a single match” Chaos Rising Challenge not being saved.
- The “Earn Gold Scavenger Medals” Rippley vs. Sludge Overtime Challenge now tracks progress properly.
- The Sidegrading feature is no longer present in competitive playlists. Its presence in these playlists was unintentional, as noted in our v11.40 post.
- Resolved an issue involving new players on consoles having difficulty matchmaking after first linking their Epic account.
- Addressed reports of iOS players activating their device’s swipe-up feature when trying to press inventory buttons.
Fortnite 11.50 – New Cosmetics
In the gallery above, you can see all the new cosmetics that have been added to the game.
First up, you can see that there is a Harley Quinn skin that's been patched in. There appears to be challenges tied to this skin, which you can see below.
The challenges are:
- Place top 30 in Solos, Duos, or Squads
- Place top 20 in Solos, Duos, or Squads
- Place top 10 in Solos, Duos, or Squads
- Hit weak points
- Deal damage with Pickaxes to opponents
Complete three of the challenges above to unlock the additional Harley Quinn style.
Fortnite 11.50 – Love & War LTM
There are two new loading screens in the game, too – one called 'Visions of War' and one called 'Visions of Love'.
These are likely tied to the also-leaked Love & War LTM which you can read more about at the Harley Quinn link above.
The challenges for the LTM can be seen below.
- War : Play Search & Destroy matches ( 2 )
- War : Plant or Defuse a bomb in Search and Destroy matches ( 2 )
- Love : Place top 15 in Duos of Squads matches with a friend ( 5 )
- Love : Purchase items from vending machines in Search & Destroy matches ( 5 )
- Love : Heal a teammate with a Bandage Bazooka ( 100 )
- War : Eliminate opponents in Search & Destroy matches ( 5 )
- War : Eliminate opponents or revive teammates in a single match ( 3 )
- Love : Earn Gold in Search and Destroy matches ( 2500 )
- Love : Thank the Bus Driver in different matches ( 7 )
- War : Purchase a common item from vending machines in Search & Destroy matches ( 1 )
- War : Deal damage to opponents ( 1000 )
- Love : Gain Health or apply Shields ( 500 )
This story is breaking, and we'll update it with more information as it becomes available.