Tickets to the Maldives, an engagement ring and the keys to a new Bentley car are just some of the quirkiest items left behind by guests who stayed at Travelodge hotels last year.
We may not currently be able to stay at hotels during the time of writing, however that may be a good thing for some forgetful people out there.
Other items left include certificates worth £500,000 and a 'lucky penny'.
The certificates were left behind by a stockbroker who was staying in London, as he forgot about a file.
Meanwhile, company chief executive who was staying in Aberdeen missed his flight home because he left his 'lucky penny' at the hotel chain.
He had to return back to the hotel to pick up the penny, which he has been carrying around for 40 years.
One hapless couple also left behind their marriage certificate at one of the branches.
According to WalesOnline, Shakila Ahmed of Travelodge said: "With millions of customers annually staying at our 563 hotels across the length and breadth of the UK for thousands of different reasons, we do get a range of interesting items left behind.
"This year's audit includes an R2-D2 robot, a William Shakespeare outfit with skull, a money tree bearing £50 notes, a 60-year-old marriage certificate, a six foot cuddly polar bear and a message in a bottle wedding proposal.
"When it comes to why so many of our customers forget their treasured items, it's basically due to us all being time poor, juggling multiple tasks and being in a hurry to get from A to B. In the rush, valuable possessions are easily forgotten."
Odd items left at Travelodge
- Lucky penny
- Money tree with ten £50 notes and twenty £20 notes wrapped onto the branches
- DJI Inspire Drone
- Swarovski crown
- Suitcase full of board games
- 3ft diffuser with Italian orange fragrance for a wedding
- Siberian Husky puppy called Saskia
- 60-year-old marriage certificate
- Handwritten family recipe book
- Nurse’s diary
- Large box of Jo Malone candles
- Keys to a Bentley
- Stamp collection
- 6ft polar bear toy
- Two first class tickets to the Maldives
- Baby grand piano
- Six 6ft nutcracker soldiers
- Lifesize R2-D2
- 50-year-old football sticker book
- Diamond encrusted sari
- £500,000 worth of share certificates
- Lab coat
- Cartier engagement ring
- 100 Union Jack masks
- MOVA metallic globe
- Model of the city of London showing key attractions
- Nurse’s scrub set
- Philosophy, politics and economics degree from Oxford university
- Personalised Hilti drill
- William Shakespeare outfit and skull
- Message in a bottle with a wedding proposal inside
- Set of miniature hot air balloons
Have you ever left something behind at a hotel? Let us know in the comments below.