The 32-year-old TOWIE star, who is the ex-boyfriend of Gemma Collins, 39, appeared on the ITV show with his mum Patricia Argent to talk about his drug addiction for which he went to rebhab in Thailand earlier this year for 10 weeks.
Fans were left heartbroken when Patricia revealed she struggles to not worry still as she's concerned her son's drug battle "may never end".
The star told the panel and viewers how he "ruined" his family's last Christmas as he was doing drugs "by the hour" on Christmas Eve.
James said: "The next morning there was no giving presents, no receiving presents."
James, who says he was 23 and half stone at his heaviest, continued by saying how he felt at the height of his drug problem.
He said: "I hated my myself. I was at an all time low. I was using drugs for two or three straight and locked myself in my house in the dark."
Luckily for James his best friend and TOWIE co-star Mark wright helped him get set to go on a 10 week rehab stint in Thailand and now he has been sober for nine months.
James went on to say there was times over the years that he would have a break from TOWIE because of his drug problem.
Speaking on how she feels as a mum, Patricia said: "It was devastating. I support my son all the way. He's now nine months sober and I want to help other mum's get through it.
"It's the worst nightmare a mum can go through."
Patricia said: "It was all alien to us as a family. We didn't know how to deal with addiction and as my son is in the public light it was scarier.
"I realised I couldn't save him. It was out of my control. It was heartbreaking."
Back in May, James spoke to The Sun about his addiction to cocaine and revealed he has suffered two near-fatal overdoses.
The reality TV star told the publication how it was his girlfriend at the time, The GC, who alerted emergency services last year when James suffered an overdose.
James, who says he was a heavy user for seven years and had his first overdose in October 2019, recalled how paramedics had to kick the door in to save him.
He said: "I locked myself in my house and took drugs for three days straight on my own in the pitch black.
"I was at rock bottom. My heart was beating out of my chest, my nose was bleeding, I was shaking and my breathing was terrible.
"My family were banging on the door screaming, 'Open up' but I wasn’t answering the door to anyone. They feared I’d overdosed and was dead in the house.
"Gemma called the ambulance and the police came too and all of a sudden they put my door through. The paramedics did checks on me and I remember being so scared because I had so much paranoia and psychosis."